Don’t have any ideas for what you should eat today? Do you feel like there’s nothing in your house for you to make? Do you feel as though a pizza would satisfy you, but a whole pizza to yourself is too much and too fattening? Here’s a recipe to make a pizza, perfectly sized for you, that’s tasty, healthier than store-bought or delivered pizza, and it’s very easy to make. The Pita Pizza.
- Pitas (whole grain etc)
- Tomato Sauce / Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (less grease than Cheddar)
- Green Pepper
- Red Pepper
- Black Olives
- Preheat oven to 450 ͦ F.
- Place Pita(s) on a Cookie Sheet
- With a spoon, pour approximately 3 spoonfuls of Tomato Sauce/Pizza Sauce onto each pita.
- Spread the sauce generously around the pita leaving the edges try to appear as a crust
- Place your preferred toppings on your pita
- After shredding some cheese, take a handful and generously cover your pita with mozzarella. Add more as you wish.
- Once the pita pizza’s are ready and covered with cheese and the toppings of your choice, they’re ready for the oven.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and set the timer for 7 minutes.
- Once the time’s up, check your pizzas to make sure the cheese is properly melted.
- Change the settings on the oven to Broil on High for 2 minutes.
- When the time’s up, turn off the oven, take the cookie sheet out and take a look at your beautiful pita pizza.